Rooted & Grounded in LOVE



What is possible if you were rooted and grounded in the love of Christ? 
Someone asked me that question recently and it’s been rattling around in my spirit ever since. What could you pull off? What could you do? Who would you be? If you were rooted and grounded. If there was an endless flow of love into your spirit, how would things be different?
I’d enjoy hearing your revelations on that question!
...That Christ may dwell in your hearts through faith;
that you, being rooted and grounded in love
may be able to comprehend with all the saints 
what is the width and length and depth and height—
to know the love of Christ which passes knowledge;
that you may be filled with all the fullness of God.

Ephesians 3: 17-19

Here are some of mine. They are simple, but in the reality of this daunting life, it’s a relief and a joy to consider what it would mean to be rooted and grounded in Christ’s love.

1.     I could love endlessly and never feel empty.
2.     I wouldn’t withhold love. (Especially, when someone hurts me or if someone doesn’t love me back.)
3.     I would be able to love more and more people.
4.     And the big one for me is: if perfect love casts out all fear, (1 John 4:18) then being rooted and grounded in His love it is possible we could drive out all my fears together!
Feel free to reply and share what is possible if you were rooted and grounded in love. Or have a conversation over a Valentine’s dinner this evening. Or chat with a friend on the phone. Ask them the question.
Relish in the possibilities! Then choose it and declare it…everyday!